1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Handset is off hook

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by Reggieleccy, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Reggieleccy

Reggieleccy New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    West Midlands
    Does anyone know how to turn off 'one of your telephone handsets is off hook' I have trueCall set up as Top Cat, star callers are sent to my DECT freestyle 350. However when I press play messages on base station, if no message has been left trueCall keep telling me one of my handsets is off hook. I have had this unit for 4 years, the best gadget I have ever had.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    The message is coming from the exchange. Sometimes the trueCall fails to drop the line after it has answered a call, possibly because there is noise on the line after the caller has already disconnected and the noise is taken as incoming audio. The exchange detects that the phone is off hook even though the caller has disconnected, and sends the message which the trueCall then records as an incoming message.