1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Greetings from France

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by R.B., Apr 12, 2015.

1. R.B.

R.B. New Member

France
    Hello !

I'm a new trueCall user ! As my ISP doesn't offer Anonymous Caller and Phone numbers blacklist protection, I fell in love with the concept of trueCall. :D

I'm a bit geeky so I feel ready to install trueCall however I am a bit anxious as in France some ISPs don't seem to respect the telephony standards perfectly (I was having issues lately with Caller Identification). I'm using unbundling ("dégroupage total" in French) so I only have my ISP as a phone provider.

I don't know if trueCall is going to work at all ! It's a bit of "hit or miss".

My main concern is that my phone displays the phone number on incoming call on the first line of the display, but followed by "Unavailable" on the second line, if the caller is not a subscriber of my ISP.
    If trueCall fails to understand the information, it would be rather useless...

I'll keep you informed, my order is still in progress.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Welcome RB, I look forward to hearing your progress.

3. R.B.

R.B. New Member

France
    Hi,

I have ordered a wrong unit as I don't live in UK. I was asked to pay €40 more in order to have a "test unit".
    The total amount of my purchase is around €200.

I've purchased this device to find peace of mind, for now my wallet is a bit anxious :pray:
    Fortunately, your support and sales team seems to be very reactive ! :thumbsup:
    My only hope is that it would work !

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    The trueCall team are very good, and I am sure you will end up with a solution or a refund.

Please note they are not our support and sales team; this forum is not trueCall.

5. R.B.

R.B. New Member

France
    Hi,

I haven't got my unit yet, but the Caller ID issue got sorted. It has something to do with "First Silent Ringtone" parameter on my phone. Once altered, my phone now fully recognizes all the telephone numbers on incoming calls. I hope I'll receive my trueCall soon ! ;)

6. R.B.

R.B. New Member

France
    Follow up !

I've received my trueCall unit today. Plugged in in two minutes. EVERYTHING works great (after a few settings because initially trueCall blocked all my incoming calls).

7. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    Glad your all set up R.B. Now you can sit back and enjoy a peacefull evening.