1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Fraud Headlines

Discussion in 'Telepests' started by Top Cat, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    There has been a spate of fraud cases in the news recently, where conmen have posed as bank staff or police and persuaded the "mark" to transfer money for safe-keeping.

My suspicions would be aroused immediately, but then again I have heard of these things happening so am alert to it. I once had my credit card people ring me to say they had intercepted a suspicious transaction. For "security", they wanted me to identify myself - and quite a stand-off developed when I said that as they had rung me they knew who I was - but could they prove who they were before I gave them any details that could be useful to identity thieves?!!

As it happened, this proved to be genuine - and of course no conman is going to reach me in my land line... trueCall takes care of that.