1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Failed Recordings

Discussion in 'trueCall Recorder (including Recorder Upgrade)' started by Claire Will, May 7, 2014.

1. Claire Will

Claire Will New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    Please can someone help, I bought the recorder card as instructed by trueCall, set options Record All Calls, after some time the blue light started to flash last night..checking the card and installing software on new PC, especially purchased as it has SD card slot and operating Windows 8.

I download call logs regularly, as being harassed by cousin in Scotland, until 15 Jan 2014 we were advised by counsel to record calls made to and from. Advising ALL that ALL calls were being recorded. These are now with our barrister and CPS.

Checking call log it shows over 72 mins worth of calls from the family member, now on recording card not one?? Yet, calls from her sister, husband, even hospital calls that hung up are there but not calls to or from her?

Calls are missing from my sons, it is really odd as only 3 calls from May 2013, rest this year 2014.

It is genuine 70hr card, purchased May Last year.

According to Call log on home screen Calls in 12 months equalled 32 from person harassing my family..with duration of 171:12 mins.... All NOT recorded??

We have received over 600 incoming calls and over 500 outgoing calls ... On card only 409?

We purposely recorded this, to show court and police the threats made to our lives.... Unsure what to do without evidence.

2. Claire Will

Claire Will New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Tried to edit above post - On recorder card only 409 calls recorded. None of recorded calls are any of 171.12 mins or 32 calls to or from person harassing us.

Very disappointed and unsure what the point in spending nearly £700 including PC to copy calls from the card.

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    This is a comedy of errors, I'm sorry to say. I don't understand why you regarded it as necessary to buy a new PC for this, and it would have been better to use something you already had or could get as a cast-off with Win7 and a USB socket - SD card readers are readily available for a couple of quid, and all PCs made in the last 20 years have USB sockets. I don't know whether the trueCall software is even compatible with Win8. As such I say to you that you cannot claim buying a trueCall to be able to record calls is a £700 expense, if you went to PC World and asked a salesman to sell you a PC with a built-in SD slot they saw you coming.

The blue light flashing means the card is full. You say you have been recording calls for a year, and are surprised that a year's worth of calls has filled it?

Do you not have a friend of a friend, or another member of the family, who is technically competent to advise before you go shelling out for a PC (I have never paid more than £400 for a notebook PC)? Can they not help you save off the recorded messages and clear the card?

4. Daveb

Daveb New Member

409 calls on a 70 hour card suggests an average call length of ten minutes (abt 1/6 of an hour). It is entirely likely it is full.
    Before thinking about editing the contents of the card on a pc, or copying or deleting, do seek the advice of your solicitor or counsel.
    WHY? You could compromise the integrity of the evidence.
    On the other hand, if NONE of the 409 recordings you do have has any significance, copy the card by any means if you like, and then clear it using the inbuilt function of the trueCall box.
    When you are doing something with a legal implication, it is always better only to use built in functions to do stuff like deleting, as then the recordings have been produced "in due course". If you have edited on your pc, you could have manipulated it (at least someone may claim you have). For that reason also, if the card has a write protect tab, slide it to protect before plugging into a pc (put it back after).
    The reason you have to record all calls is not merely technical. If you cherry pick messages that are of no consequence and delete them, it could be argued that the deleted ones were (say) apologies from the person giving you trouble. If a police officer or (most) traffic wardens take photos, they are not allowed to delete individual ones in the camera as a defence may argue the lost ones supported his case.
    THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, YOU ARE PAYING YOUR LAWYER FOR THAT. Talk to him/her first.
    Buy a new card, too perhaps. Much cheaper than a PC.

Good Luck.

5. Claire Will

Claire Will New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you Top Cat, so happy your able to laugh at me and my situation or at least find it comedic.

As I am an Adult with AUTISM, Registered Disabled with mobility issues.

I was told I needed a notebook or pc for this recording card. so I got one. it is inappropriate to judge others, especially since you havent a clue of the circumstances.

To date no one has assisted with the card, or issues. I am currently non-verbal due to internal bleeding and organ failure. So requesting I call is ridiculous.

Second card purchased, had same issue...card not recording either....checked trueCall was syncing, set to record all calls on both incoming and outgoing.

Any positive responses are apreciated.

6. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I'm sorry you read it that way, the first sentence of my reply expresses sympathy if you read it correctly. I believe I have offered some suitable advice, but you don't have to take it. Daveb also had some sage words worth heeding if there are considerations of admissible evidence.

You are clearly in a situation where you need direct personal support, I don't think this forum is best placed for it.

7. Buzby

Buzby Member

trueCall Model:
    Afraid I agree with TC - did you ever spin off the recorded calls to your PC? I have a DVR in my car for insurance purposes and have to back up the (video) files monthly to prevent them being overwritten - which is what appears to have happened in your case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk