1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Easy Way To Temporarily Disable trueCall Needed

Discussion in 'Complaints & Praise' started by Hixoratums, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Hixoratums

Hixoratums New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    If you use Amazon, or PayPal - just a very few of the companies out there that use 2FA (two-factor-authentication) these day, then you either have to physically disconnect the trueCall unit, or you will delete all your settings!

This is crazy. There needs to be a S-I-M-P-L-E and E-A-S-Y way to tell trueCall to get out of the way while you do this. These megalithic corporations are not going either be able to, or want to tell you what number they will be calling from. The number will change dynamically anyway.

So we need a quick code sequence that turns off trueCall while you obtain the verification code.

Perhaps it exists already, but it is telling that I couldn't see it, as this is a pretty important feature - especially for people new to trueCall and shouldn't be hidden away, if it does exist.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    It's quite simple: turn it off.

3. Hixoratums

Hixoratums New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Very clever, but not helpful. I keep the unit out of sight - it happens to be simpler that way. Digging into where it is would not be "quite simple" at all, it would be a pain. Instead of getting clever, why not simply address the issue?

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    If you had read the terms of reference of this forum, you would know that neither I nor anyone else here has that ability. Your comments may be noted by trueCall, but in the mean time I have offered you the best advice there is - a work around. The point is that your OP said "physically disconnect" - you don't need to do that, all you have to do is turn it off.

If you power the trueCall from a mains point that is not hidden away (even if the unit is), then it will be easy to turn off and on. Alternatively you could use a remote-controlled power point.