1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Does anyone recognise this pest from Craigellachie?

Discussion in 'Telepests' started by Moon Raker, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Moon Raker

Moon Raker Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Has anyone else received calls from these similar numbers, clearly a spammer though of course the CLI may be spoofed?

01340074333, 01340074257, 01340074143, 01340075390

all showing as Craigellachie, Scotland..

The drill down via trueCall into 'who called me?' does not show any reports.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Yes, I've got a few of these in my call logs over the last few months too. I only allow whitelist numbers through.

3. Moon Raker

Moon Raker Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Thanks for the reply. I weblink/synchronise my TC every week and I have spotted one further number this week to add to that list:

I get calls from this scammer about every 2 or 3 weeks. Such calls are currently dealt with by 'shield and whisper' (and therefore blocked as they ring off) and then I subsequently Zap the individual numbers. I am now trying a wildcard Zap on 01340* but I am not quite sure if that will work, although the wildcard Zap itself was updated OK. We shall see.

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I see no reason it wouldn't work - that's what wild cards are for. I wildcard to whitelist the STD areas of places I gave a connection with, plus whitelisted specific numbers. Everything else goes straight to messaging.

5. Moon Raker

Moon Raker Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Zap with wild-card worked perfectly OK though I don't remember reading about that variation in my TC manual. And another call received from those clowns this week, here is an extract from my 'calls' log:

09/03/17 12:31 01340074700 00:08 [Craigellachie] Zap list caller / Zap message / Hung up during screening