1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Do Not Disturb mode

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by drat, May 9, 2013.

1. drat

drat New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Hi,

Does anybody know how to turn OFF Do Not Disturb mode?

Thanks.

Drat.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I don't have a trueCall Call Blocker so my handset menu and Internet control panel are different to yours, but I don't recognise the term "do not disturb mode". Do you know how you turned it on in the first place? Are you sure it's the trueCall and not your phone, or some BT (or other phone provider) service?

I guess you probably mean call screening. Have a look through your Internet control panel, particularly under "My Options": Call Screening, Advanced Call Screening, and Advanced Options; particularly Whisper, Shield, and Night Shield.

3. drat

drat New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Well, I definately heard the unit say Do Not Disturb mode on. A little person was pressing the buttons on the unit.

I fixed it by powering off the unit for a few minutes and it is working properly after a forced weblink.

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Hmm. As far as I know there is only the one button*, and no mention of "do not disturb" in the Blocker manual.

* The Classic has one button with three actions (as I have now discovered since taking it out of its hide-away), recent models have the same button and a volume control!

5. Roger

Roger Moderator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Officially as far as I know there is no 'Do Not Disturb' mode on the trueCall Blocker. I have the Blocker and had suggested this could be a future feature so it may be that the little person hit an undocumented sequence of buttons presses even though there is only one button!

6. Roger

Roger Moderator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    I have tried repeatedly pressing the only button (left/right/middle positions) in various sequences on my Blocker and have been unable to recreate a Do Not Disturb scenario. All I succeeded in doing was generating weblinks or a 'No New Messages' response. I am now intrigued to hear that you had this happen.

As this is a new unit can you please let me know what version of software you are running? This can be found by logging on to the web interface and clicking Support which is at the top of the screen to the left of Logout. Your unit details are on the right of the screen. It should read something like
    Unit: 01014****** - Blocker
    Version: 34.10/6.5

7. tarbat

tarbat Member

trueCall Model:
    Scotland
    To turn off the Do Not Disturb mode, double click the main button (the big centre one) on the trueCall unit. First thing I discovered with my new unit today, double clicking the main button turns "Do Not Disturb" mode on.

Anyone know what the "Do Not Disturb" mode actually does, I can't find it mentioned in the manual.

FYI:
    Runtime Version: 34.11
    Macro Version: 6.9

8. f800strider

f800strider New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Wales
    I just received a new Call Blocker unit yesterday. The printed manual that came with it is not as informative regarding this as the latest pdf manual downloaded from the trueCall website. In the latter it says that you can set the night time star list answer mode to the "do not disturb" setting, i.e. it asks a caller on that list to press the hash key to ring the phone and wake you up if they really feel they have to.
    My question is, does setting this override the setting for star list answering in the "Custom" mode?

9. f800strider

f800strider New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Wales
    I've answered my own question by testing - with star list set to "accept" during night time the caller can be asked to leave a message or press "hash" to be put through.

10. Wheelie_UK

Wheelie_UK New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    TC, the Do not disturb option seems to be an new option in the current trueCall blockers. I have a blocker and do not have this option. Yesterday one of my neighbours upgraded hers from the classic to the blocker and DOES have this option. It is controlled in the ICP options menu and is a menu sub section in its own right. Several neat little features, such as maximum do not disturb period and options to overide the do not disturb setting (Presumably for those you want to still let through.). Hope this helps

11. Belligerent Barbara

Belligerent Barbara Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    I have a brand new Call Blocker, and the manual has a paragraph about Do Not Disturb, same as the online one. But that says that the functionality is basically to switch to night time settings during the day, no mention of using #key to break through.... and you would need a message to tell people that, wouldn't you? Also can't find anything about it on the ICP.

12. Wheelie_UK

Wheelie_UK New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Barabara,

The idea of the override is to be able to give someone the option to get round the block. You would not, in my view, need to create a specific message since you would have advised the caller, in advance of the call, of the procedure to take.

Depdending on the call profile you could use the do not disturb option to block all calls, or simply those not on your star list.

My original message was a little while back. The control panel gets regular updates, so the options may be a little different now. To be honest, once set up to my needs, I use the panel pretty much to review the logs and not much else. Perhaps others might be able to comment in greater detail.

13. emuujay2

emuujay2 New Member

trueCall Model:
    Welshman in England(SW)
    Turning the "Do Not Disturb" function is simply a case of pressing the button twice in quick succession to turn it both on and off. I use it quite often seeing as I work on a casual basis and it's far easier if I have an early night to switch it on manually and then remove it the following day after a good night's (undisturbed) sleep.

14. emuujay2

emuujay2 New Member

trueCall Model:
    Welshman in England(SW)
    You can also turn it off remotely (within your house) by making an external call from a handset (e.g. cordless) connected connected through the Blocker. If I have a quick nap inbetween work shifts I normally either dial my own number or 1471 and then hang up. However does anyone know if the "Do Not Disturb Mode" can be turned on in a similar way from a remote handset without physically going to the Blocker itself and turning it on manually?