1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Disappointment (as if!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andy C, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Andy C

Andy C Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Purchased a trueCall blocker a month ago. Delighted with it. Love the Web interface. Love the flexibility. Best customer support I've encountered.

What I do regret though is getting Caller ID enabled and making formal complaints that were responsible for some of the 7-10 calls I received every week.

Scottish Power - formal complaint to CEO's office having no association with the company. They apologised, removed my details and explained they were able to bypass TPS as I had 'given consent to be approached by third parties' during a SocialTalk market research survey in July 2014. This seemed unlikely but still...

EDF - I am an EDF customer but they kept peppering me with calls where they were evasive, wouldn't divulge who they were or why they were calling,. They refused to send details of the offer in the post as they were 'time limited' (yeah that's the EDF Blue tariff they keep pushing on TV). They were able to bypass TPS as I was an existing customer who hadn't 'opted out'. Well I have now.

And guess what - 3 weeks of deafening silence. Just 2 automated PPI calls that got past 'Whisper'.

I check the ICP daily in the hope of seeing a marketeer being blocked but no - nothing.

This is ridiculous, I think I might have to use uSwitch and goCompare and share my landline number :)

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Don't worry, they'll find you!

3. Andy C

Andy C Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Indeed. Last night at 8.30pm, ORC International (market research). The sort of calls I really dislike - interrupting my evening at home. Blissfully unaware until I checked the call log this morning.