1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Difficulty logging in

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by Steady Eddie, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Steady Eddie

Steady Eddie New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Have had trueCall for years but recently having problems logging in. If I try to do so between 06:00 and 09:00 GMT am more often than not getting a screen that just hangs before changing to one showing application error, try logging in again

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I just logged in to my account (8.35am) without any difficulty. By the sounds of things it's more likely your web browser device that is the problem - "application error" sounds like an error message local to the device rather than originating at the remote end. The 0600-0900 period may be a red herring. Can you try using a different device?

If the problem persists, despite using a different computer/tablet/phone to access the ICP, contact trueCall.

3. Steady Eddie

Steady Eddie New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Thanks TC. Has been happening on different devices. Eventually managed to log in yesterday and appears that overnight weblink had failed. This strangely seems to occur more since I switched to FTTC. Will monitor future login failures and see if there is a pattern that support might be able to look at

4. baldy_man

baldy_man New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    uk
    I am unable to login to the online dashboard. After a few minutes I get a message "Application error". After reading another post regarding weblink failure, I tried a manual weblink update. This has failed. Any ideas? I last logged in a few weeks ago no problem

5. baldy_man

baldy_man New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    uk
    Quick update. Powered off trueCall unit. After starting back up, manual Weblink worked ok and I can now login to online dashboard. Looks like weblink failure stops you logging onto online dashboard.

6. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I wonder if that's the answer to Steady Eddie's problem.

7. Steady Eddie

Steady Eddie New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Not sure on this one. Couldn't log in on Friday when auto weblink had failed, had no problem yesterday when auto weblink had again failed, nor today when auto weblink had worked. All rather random at moment. Have had to move unit so that's been powered off as again will be tomorrow when moved back. Hope it doesn't mean that will have to keep powering off to ensure trouble-free auto weblink/icp access but if still acting randomly next week may give it a try and if then works see if trueCall have any idea why :)

8. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    This may well be of no help at all, but back in 2014 I had a problem with failing weblinks. It eventually occurred to me that a few weeks before I'd changed the broadband filter that the trueCall plugged into, and I wondered if that might just possibly be a factor, unlikely though it seemed. I went back to the original filter, and weblinks started to work once again. I advised trueCall Support of this, and received the following reply:
    "I am glad to hear that the weblinks are now working ok. Broadband filter can affect the performance of the weblinks and we have noticed that some ADSL filters do not allow a successful weblink, so it is clearly best to stick with this one that works okay."
    Since broadband filters are so cheap, it might be worth trying a different one. It probably won't make any difference, but you never know!

Top Cat likes this.
  9. Steady Eddie

Steady Eddie New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Rinansay think I can find original one so will use that for a while and see