1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Deleted RECORD.ING

Discussion in 'trueCall Recorder (including Recorder Upgrade)' started by Maurice McCarthy, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Maurice McCarthy

Maurice McCarthy New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    UK
    Hi,

I managed to delete the file RECORD.ING on the SD card. How do I re-initialize this file? When I open the PC message centre it gives the error "Integer overflow."

Thanks in advance
    Maurice

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I think, although I am not certain, that you will have to return it to trueCall for reinitialising.

3. Maurice McCarthy

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Thanks for that Top Cat. It is rather dreadful mind, that it is not easy to fix for yourself. I've sent trueCall Support an email to ask. I don't expect to hear back until Monday.

Thanks Again

4. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Is it? How did you come to delete the file in the first place? The instructions say to only access the card via the management software.

5. Maurice McCarthy

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Yes, I was too stupid by far. I just thought it ought to be a simple matter to generate a new (encrypted?) file to store calls in. Not to worry. The unit has still been one of the best £100 I ever spent! And I thank trueCall for that.

6. Maurice McCarthy

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Just by the bye, I tried Autopsy to recover the original file but it failed. Kept unmounting the drive during the scan. This meant it had a list of filenames, mostly empty files, but could not read them. Very odd behaviour.

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    As the recorder upgrade is delivered via the memory card, it is reasonable to assume trueCall has taken measures to protect their IP using some kind of encryption and/or modification of the file system. Hence the difficulties.

8. Maurice McCarthy

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Ah! That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.

9. Maurice McCarthy

trueCall Model:
    UK
    You were right TC.

Had reply from trueCall this morning: