1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Constant Blue plus Fast Flashing Red?

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by Top Cat, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Something weird has happened to my Classic + Extra.

The light has started flashing as above (rapidly, continuously), and I don't know if it is related but when I check for messages ( # * pin ) I get the announcement: "warning - call recording - time remaining on memory card 48 minutes" (today it was 13 minutes). Normally the light is constant blue, or slow flashing red if there is a message waiting.

I tried power off and on again, after start-up no change.

I don't think I normally have call recording turned on, but after reading through the manuals decided this is what's happening, and the difference between 48 minutes and 13 minutes is how long I've been on the phone. I went through the system menus and discovered recording was turned on, so I turned it off. It did not stop the red light flashing though.

So the question is: what's changed? Is it the case that it has been recording all the time, and now with less than an hour's recording time left it is giving me these voice warnings and flashing the LED? If so, how do I clear the existing recordings?

2. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    This is still an issue. I thought it might be that the recording card was nearly full, the manual says the blue light flashes if less than an hours recording time available, so I laboriously deleted recordings one at a time. The flashing remains however, and does not (on close examination) appear to match the description - I believe it is the red light flashing with the blue constant, and it is flashing fast (maybe 4 Hz).

I have not had time to look into this further.

3. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Back to normal now, of its own accord (presumably deleting a significant proportion of the recorded calls did the trick, even if delayed).

I was planning to post a video showing the status lights, but too late now. I still think what I was seeing did not match the description in the manual.

4. Catmac

Catmac New Member

Hi top cat,

Yes this sounds like you were recoding you calls. Do you have a memory card in your trueCall machine? If so you can get trueCall software for your pc at home. This enables you to review save or delete the calls stored on the unit's memory card. Very useful.

Be aware there is a software issue with windows 7 64bit (As I have) but it works well on old windows XP. But they have good info on the trueCall support site under "Call Recorder PC software"
    I've copied their directions below for you.

Sometimes moving a card from the unit to the PC introduces a corruption onto the card. A simple procedure on your trueCall unit can normally recover the lost space.

"Insert the card into your trueCall unit and dial # # * 3 0 1 1 # (Hash Hash Star Three Zero One One Hash), wait for a 'Ding' then hang up. Wait until trueCall's green LED comes back on, then power down your unit and power it up again. Now check the amount of free space on the card in the System Information option in the menus. "

I tend to save those important calls onto my pc and delete the memory card for more calls. The larger memory cards are good and can hold a lot of calls.
    I'm hoping trueCall can improve their pc software in future for the windows 7.

David likes this.
  5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Yes, I am aware of the PC management software and was going to get around to trying it out - but thanks for the warning about 64-bit Windows 'cos that's what I use.

6. theoldmankingslynn

theoldmankingslynn New Member

I have just noticed that Catmac says there is an issue with Win 7 64bit, I have to say that I have used Win 7 64bit since it came out and have no issues with my software, it works just perfectly.

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Thanks, I'll try it and report back.

8. Catmac

Catmac New Member

The issue with the windows 7 64bit.

The trueCall software works fine on the computer. But as the trueCall help points out for some reason the memory card when put back from the pc into the TC unit
    "Sometimes moving a card from the unit to the PC introduces a corruption onto the card"? So they've given instructions on a work-around solution.

I now use an old pc with windows XP with no problems.

9. FatherHobbit

FatherHobbit New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Is the problem caused by the fact you might not have ejected the SD card from the PC? The trueCall recording is stored in a single file on the SD card hence the need for the PC software to open the file and read the contents (individual calls). When I first got my trueCall CallBlocker, the original SD card wouldn't open but they exchanged it with no quibble.

It's only a suggested reason and my not be the actual one, I'm on Win7 32bit and otherwise all OK.

10. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    My SD had never been in a PC (not here anyway). It was supplied with the Extra package on it, and used to upgrade my trueCall to trueCall Extra, and then became a call recording card.

11. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    For reference, trueCall Towers assures me there should be no problem with 64-bit Windows. Anyone who is having a problem should submit a support ticket.

12. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    Glorious Devon (Sod the NSA!)
    Thanks for that. You saved my life! :prize:

P.S. I got a Ding-Ding rather than a Ding.

13. Claire Will

Claire Will New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    First thing tried, following deletion of calls on card, in software program.
    3rd year in row, delete all calls on card via PC program? ...yet card and machine see card and only 28mins recording time remaining? Tried different cards, extra purchases.

Now upgraded to Win 10 on PC.

Any clues to get calls recording again??