1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Configurable number of simulated rings for "Take a message" category

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by dborn, Nov 12, 2015.

1. dborn

dborn Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Canada
    For the "Take a message" call handling category, allow having a configurable number of simulated rings, including 0 or more simply allowing all or none would be fine too.

First of all, since I am in North America, those rings don't match with our normal ring sounds so it has unknown callers wondering if they got transfered somewhere else! Second, I'd rather not pretend we're not at home and/or keep them waiting for no good reason. Also some recorded messages we get are useful and the beginning gets cut off by these 8 seconds of ringing instead of going quicker into recording the message.

I have found that the "Urgent callers only" category does pretty much what I want except for the fact that it allows the '#' key to break out. Since I re-recorded all my outgoing messages (in french), I just don't mention the fact that pressing '#' will make the phone ring...

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Another example of non-UK customisation being required. Presumably simulated engaged and unobtainable tones also will not match the locality.