1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Compensation & Customer Service

Discussion in 'Complaints & Praise' started by ctingle, Mar 29, 2014.

1. ctingle

ctingle New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    UK
    I've had trueCall since the very beginning, I remember seeing it on dragons den and then seeing it for sale, I got one and got the call recorder chip. The old unit served me well but it seemed to suffer with the calls being quiet, anyway, I passed the old machine on and about 18 months ago got the Call Blocker version, the customisation is fantastic.

Anyway, I'd just like to give a little list of the victories I've had over companies who have given me dire customer service and then paid up once the call has been played to them.

Virgin Media - Told that the line would come with inclusive calls and free caller display, it didn't, of course, and they denied it completely, until I played the call to them, they were then added for free and a credit of £30 for the inconvenience.

Halifax Bank - I have their premium account with the emergency care. I had an emergency, it took 2 days for someone to come out to the emergency, the operators and the customer service was diabolical, I put the calls onto a CD rom and posted them to the head of the bank, I received £200 compensation and a grovelling apology.

Inter Partner Insurance - Part of the Halifax premium account, I sent them the calls that they were responsible for and they gave me a further £50 after I posted them a CD rom, their operator said "I've nothing further to tell you, I am hanging up now" so glad I got that recorded.

Just wondering what little victories others have had over companies that have told lies during them signing up, or if you've had terrible customer service and been able to prove it thanks to the trueCall.

When I send a CD rom to a company I've always included the print out that states I'm entitled to record my calls...

I would provide a link here but I'm not allowed.

Just to shut them up even further if they say I'm not allowed or have to tell them!

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!