1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Cold calls from the "competition"

Discussion in 'Telepests' started by shadowfax, Dec 13, 2014.

1. shadowfax

shadowfax Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    It's ages since I posted but had to share this.
    I initially had a CPR Blocker but had problems with it (and its replacement) locking up my phone line, so complained and despite being told "no-one else has this problem" was given a full refund without argument.
    Been using the trueCall since then (about 18 months) - with no problems, then earlier this year I got a call from CPR asking if I wanted to upgrade my unit. Told them I no longer had one, why, and that I was more than happy with the flawless trueCall. Despite this she continued trying to sell me a new unit so I told them to remove my details and never call me again.
    Then, earlier this month they called again...upgrade, blah, blah...etc. Once again I explained the situation and this time they admitted the phoneline lockup was a known issue yet they still continued trying to sell me a unit. Despite my demanding they remove my details and that they never call again they persisted with the sales pitch.
    Thoroughly disgusted, I took great delight in telling them that I'd be adding their number to the trueCall's ZAP list which I did.
    Now, examining my call records I see they called again a week later (and were "zapped") and on further examination of call logs I see they'd tried calling 5 times this year in total.
    So hypocritical of them to produce a device to block cold calls when they so blatantly flaunt the accepted rules of cold calling despite being told to remove numbers from their databases.

Incidentally, regarding the misleading post title, there really is "NO competition" from that device.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
  3. Belligerent Barbara

Belligerent Barbara Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    You've got to laugh, haven't you?

In a similar vein, I recently had a text from O2 telling me I was entitled to all sorts of benefits and extras because I was an O2 customer, but I they couldn't tell me about them because I had told them I didn't want to receive texts or emails from them, but if I wanted to change my mind I could go to www......

Err...... ummm.... what are you doing texting me, then?

4. Belligerent Barbara

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Shadowfax - you could report them to the ICO.....

5. shadowfax

shadowfax Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Already have !

6. Belligerent Barbara

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Good oh!

I put up a thread the other day asking what was the point of zapping people when Shield and/or Whisper seem to be entirely effective in preventing people getting through, which is what most of us want, I guess. However, I've thought of my own answer: when you zap a number, you increase the probability they will join the Community Block List, which is a help to other trueCall users. And by the same token, if we report any number which does try to ring us to the ICO (assuming we are registered with TPS), that will increase the chance of action being taken against them, for the benefit of all those poor souls out there who haven't got a trueCall.

7. Ian022

Ian022 New Member

UK
    For the record, it is probably worth noting that CPR (Call Protection Registry) is on the 'list of things to avoid' as presented on the official TPS website.

This list is easy to find from a Google search.