1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Changed to Virgin and phone not ringing for starred callers

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by Hightail, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Hightail

Hightail New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    My phone doesn't ring for starred callers any more - it still does for non starred. Everything else is still working as it always has done. I was sort of prepared for trueCall to be incompatible with Virgin but is there such a thing as a partial incompatibility?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I think the unit needs to be tuned for the alternative carrier - contact HQ.

3. Hightail

Hightail New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for your reply. It is the obvious thing to do and I had tried. I found this forum after trying to contact ‘HQ’ and phone calls are just met with a recorded message saying nobody is available.

4. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    That's unusual, they are usually reported as being very responsive.

5. Hightail

Hightail New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Have to admit it surprised me. If I don't get through today I'll give up and look for some other way to record calls as that's mainly what's important to me these days. I'd be happy to change it to 'accept all calls' and although there is the option to do so through the handset menu it doesn't work so I've disconnected the unit altogether.

6. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Have you tried lodging a support request via the web site?

7. RCC

RCC New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Hiya Hightail

When I moved to Virgin I had problems too, so I followed the Support link (top menu of trueCall Control settings website), and submitted a Support Ticket. A trueCall operative changed something (presumably a hidden menu we have no access to) and asked my to do a sync. It was sorted in no time.

Incidentally, when I latterly moved back to BT, nothing needed to be changed back by support.

Hope you get it sorted.

Top Cat likes this.
  8. Stephen C

Stephen C New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    uk
    We changed from UW to BT the other day, and now, we too cant receive calls from starred callers through trueCall.

9. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Although the OP hasn't been back to say what happened, I enquired and apparently the problem was resolved through the normal support process.