1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Solved Changed Behaviour when Picking Up Messages?

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by Top Cat, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    My Classic seems to be doing something different lately, my memory could be letting me down but I don't think so:

Previously (I think): pick up the phone and dial #* then PIN, the message centre starts up and replays the first message then offers 1 to repeat, 2 to save, 3 to delete etc.

Now: pick up the phone and dial #* then PIN, and the message centre behaves as if it has already played the first message and offers 1 to repeat etc, and I have to press 1 to hear the first message.

Does that sound weird to people?

I have tried a power-off reboot, no change.

2. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I think I have found an explanation, although not a solution: when accessing the messaging centre #*, I am no longer being challenged for a PIN so entering the PIN actually injects menu options into the trueCall. I have no idea why this should be, and I need to investigate whether this lack of PIN occurs when accessed externally.

A possible remedy is to reset the PIN from the ICP.

Update: attempting access externally still challenges for a PIN, and it is my custom PIN which works (implying that the trueCall has not reset itself back to the default PIN). So why is it not now challenging internally? It used to - I am sure of that because I have "#*" then PIN programmed into my phone handset as a quick-dial.

3. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Solved. Somehow my ICP security level setting had flipped from high to basic. The mystery of why that happened will remain a mystery - I can't remember doing it, or even an occasion when I might have done so accidentally (looking through the settings for example), but it is the most likely explanation.

Anyway, it's back to high again now, and the "changed behaviour" is back to normal.