1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

CareLine

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra1n5had0w, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Ra1n5had0w

Ra1n5had0w New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    I just bought a trueCall Call Blocker for my mum, who suffers with (mild) dementia. She already pays for the CareLine service, where you have a box plugged into the wall and a necklace with a big red button to press in case of emergencies. It's the weekend of course, so I can't ask any help lines; is the trueCall box going to work with CareLine?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Can you explain a bit more about how the phone line is routed to and through the CareLine unit, where remaining phones are connected, and how it operates? I presume, having pressed the button, it dials out and plays a message?

3. Ra1n5had0w

Ra1n5had0w New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    I'm going round to my mum's in an hour, so I will check it then. Hopefully it'll be a simple operation. I find it strange that nobody – neither trueCall nor CareLine have mentioned it in their literature, to my knowledge.

Anyway, fingers crossed and – whatever the result, I will post what I find out.

4. Ra1n5had0w

Ra1n5had0w New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    UPDATE:
    After a quite stressful day with my mum, installing the trueCall unit then trying to integrate it with her – what I'd originally called a 'CareLine' box – but which I now realise is called a 'LifeLine' box – and after a few phone calls with Lifeline and my mum's phone provider, everything is all sorted out. My mum's LifeLine box works fine with the trueCall box. In fact the main problem I had was that I had been led to believe my mum had caller display, when in fact I had to ask for it to be set up. And now, fingers crossed, my mum won't be getting any more disturbing phone calls from strange men telling her she's been in a car accident. These people should be locked up.

5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Jolly good.

I have my trueCall set to forward white-list (starred) callers only, everything else goes to answering (where it can be reviewed later, but has not disturbed the household). I recommend keeping it out of sight, so that flashing lights don't attract attention.

6. Ra1n5had0w

Ra1n5had0w New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Wise advice indeed! Every time my mum saw the red light she asked what she should do. of course, during setting the thing up I had absolutely no idea, and I kept testing it, phoning her home number from my mobile, and the phone would ring and she'd panic, and I would keep telling her it's alright, and that I was just testing it.

Anyway, hopefully things have calmed down now.

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    IIRC there are ICP options to kill the lights.

8. Ra1n5had0w

Ra1n5had0w New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Ooh, thanks! I'll investigate that right now.

9. Scam Buster

Scam Buster New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    We covered up my Dads box and lights with an old box because we knew he would start fiddling with it if it kept flashing and most probably turn it off when he learned that the little box was responsible for him missing some of his ‘friendly’ scammers calling!