1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Can't Get it to Work

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by BANGINGMEGUMS, Nov 21, 2014.

1. BANGINGMEGUMS

BANGINGMEGUMS New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    England
    hi there, names Gary a complete newbee so please be gentle on me, i've purchased a brand new trueCall blocker device unused & unregistered, it has a port near the front for a memory card port also for recording calls, i've connected it all up & all seems good, very good, but having a slight problem & issue with incoming calls, it doesn't display any caller i.d. when someone calls in & i cant block anyone, trueCall just states no number identified so cant zap or block any nuisance callers, i've tried it from my mobile phone & it also fails to zap or block my moblie number, just keeps stating no caller i.d. im quite sure its something so simple, my home service provider is B.T. only thinks i've got connected to my phone socket is an adsl broadband filter, sky digibox, no extentions, trio digital B.T. handsets & ADT monitor security wired into mains nte socket, so quite basis setup i presume, so i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, many thanks & regards, Gary...

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Are you sure you have a CLI service set up for your phone line? Do you have a CLI display on any of your home phones that shows you the incoming caller, like it does on a mobile phone? The reason I ask is that CLI is not a standard option on the landline service - you have to request it, and depending on your subscription package it may be an additional charge. BT call it "caller display".

Even if you do think you have a CLI service on your line, it sounds very much like the trueCall is not receiving it, and therefore you need to check that it is working. If you do not have a suitable phone to plug in, beg or borrow one to try. Plug a phone with a display into your line (without the trueCall) and ring in from your mobile - if the phone rings but does not show your mobile number, you need to take it up with your phone service provider (BT in your case).

trueCall cannot operate without a CLI service - except in the very limited manner of Shield and Whisper for all incoming calls (which at least one member here is satisfied with - see info below).

For more information see the following posts:

http://truecallcommunity.co.uk/threads/welcome-read-this-first.9/#post-50

http://truecallcommunity.co.uk/threads/jargon-buster-terms-and-acronyms-explained.14/

3. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    You can dial *#234#, and you should get the message 'Caller identity will be displayed' if Caller ID is active on the line.