1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Can't Delete Recordings using PC Management Software

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by nissan, Apr 19, 2013.

1. nissan

nissan New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Hope that this topic thread will be alright to post in regarding not being able to delete messages, using the trueCall software, from my SD memory card when connected to my PC.

The SD card performs alright (ie: records ok) when inserted into the trueCall unit, but when the card is removed and inserted via supplied Card Reader to my WinXP computer, it reports (see first mage) that the SD card is "Read Only". When I try and delete individual files (see second image) it reports that "voice recordings cannot be deleted as the file is read only".

Oops! It appears that I can't post the images yet - not enough posts! :(

2. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    Hi Nissan. Welcome.

Deleteing the recordings is as Top Cat says. I did find a problem though using the PC.. Desktop PC running Windows 7 64bit , software has been on a while and now I cannot delete the audio files. Put the card in my Laptop, with a fresh install of the software, again running Windows 7, 64bit and can delete the audio files. So it could mean it needs a fresh re-install of the Recording software. Try that

3. nissan

nissan New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Thanks toekneem,
    Didn't work, for me, unfortunately. I also, have now, confirmed it's exactly the same on a borrowed laptop.

I'm now left wondering whether it is the card reader to USB adapter.

4. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    If you have an SD card slot in the desktop or the laptop it would eliminate the card reader/USB adapter.. The adapter is not necessary if you have the appropriate SD card slots in the PC.

5. deez

deez New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    uk
    How do you delete messages from your memory card. I get message that you cant delete voice recordings because card is read only like the first poster.