1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Caller's code

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by Peace, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Peace

Peace New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Scotland
    First I'd like to say hello! I'm new here, got my call blocker a week ago and so far I love it! The peace and quiet is bliss! We have a small business with a website and were receiving up to 20 calls a day from muppets, scammers and numpties.

I've found setup very straightforward and had no hitches so far. Only query is the callers code. My daughter was abroad last week and tried to call me, I'd given her my 2digit code so she could get through (I have international calls set to receive the unrecognisable tone). She said she tried 3 times inputting the code but no joy. She ended up phoning my mobile.
    Is there a specific point in the call that you need to input the code for it to work? The manual doesn't specify.
    As I wasn't there when she tried I can't say at which point she put it in.

Many thanks :)

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    IIRC the caller has to press # during the trueCall announcement and then enter the breakthrough code, but I could be mistaken. The great thing about forums is that somebody will be along to supply the correct details!

3. Peace

Peace New Member

trueCall Model:
    Scotland
    Ah thank you Top cat. I didn't see anywhere to press the # before the number. I'll get someone to test it. If it's in the literature it's not obvious.
    Thanks again :)

4. Peace

Peace New Member

trueCall Model:
    Scotland
    It worked topcat!! Delighted :D

5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
  6. pierrot

pierrot Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    No mention of pressing # first in my manual !

* note about your Callers Code
    If one of your friends calls from abroad, is calling from a line where
    the Caller-ID is withheld, or is just calling from a borrowed phone then
    trueCall will treat them as an unrecognised caller and may block their
    call.
    trueCall has a solution to this. When they are blocked by trueCall the
    caller just needs to enter your 2 - 3 digit Callers Code. trueCall will
    recognise them as a welcome caller and will directly ring your phone.
    The default Callers Code is the last two digits of the unit’s serial
    number, but you can set your Callers Code to something memorable
    in the Handset Menu or Internet Control Panel.

7. pierrot

pierrot Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    It may be a matter of timing.
    If the caller waits until the end of the announcement (The standard announcement is “Please enter your code”) it may be unnecessary to press # first.

The # may be just allowing a shortcut.

8. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I had a similar problem to the OP when I gave somebody a breakthrough code and they complained it didn't work, I then experimented myself and found the # code.

9. mbidgo

mbidgo New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    I have set up Witheld callers to use callers code as my son is a Plummer. Will the system go to voicemail if they don't know the code. I'm thinking of the local nurse who may call my mother.

10. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    AFAIK there is only one way to deal with the situation where you might receive important calls from lines which withhold CLI, and that is to use the "Shield" setting. Star list callers still get straight through, other callers hear an announcement which asks them to press a key before they get through (this eliminates automated calls).

The "breakthrough" code we are discussing in this topic is something different - it is a two or three digit code unique to your trueCall (you can decide what it is) which allows anyone who might be blocked to still get through if they know the code - you don't want the local GP practice or whoever to be needing to do that (they won't remember even if you tell them).

11. mbidgo

mbidgo New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Thanks. Very difficult to simulate all the incoming call types to test exactly what trueCall actually does - but still a great bit of kit.

12. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Not too difficult with access to a mobile phone:
    • Test without the mobile number on either star or zap list;
    • Test with mobile number on star list;
    • Test with mobile number on zap list;
    • Test by using the prefix 141 or #31# when dialling - this causes the CLI to be withheld.