1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Are charges due to trueCall?

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by DTsBT, Jul 19, 2014.

1. DTsBT

DTsBT New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    uk
    Hi All,
    I've had my trueCall several months now and love it.
    I am attracting some unexpected call charges from my landline provider (BT) and wondered if it is anything to do with trueCall.
    I have an arrangement whereby I dial a friend's Virgin mobile and it rings twice then I hang up without the call being answered or connected. They then call me back so I don't get charged for the call. There is no answerphone on the number and Virgin have checked the mobile set up and assured us no charges are incurred from their side. However I've discovered that BT are charging 22p each time I dial the number even though it is not connected or answered. It never goes beyond two rings. BT are adamant that the call is connected and has a duration of 2 seconds. Could this have something to do with dialling via trueCall?
    Any info is much appreciated while I wait for trueCall to get back to me.

Thanks

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I don't see how the trueCall unit could be responsible for incurring a call charge if the phone at the other end does not complete the connection. It seems to me more likely there is a fault at the other end, but I can't imagine what - if the line was open you would get an engaged tone.

22p seems a bit steep for a 2 second call even if the other end does pick up!

3. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    What do your trueCall call logs show (easiest via ICP)?

4. Buzby

Buzby Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    Your scam (calling Virgin as a signal to call back) is your undoing.

When your call is passed to Virgin it goes through a gateway and at this point the connection charge is levied. The fact they do not answer is immaterial - I suggest you give this up ASAP.

5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Easy enough to prove it's nothing to do with trueCall - just disconnect it and see if the charges continue (and it sounds like they will).