1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Alternative Pre-Recorded Announcements

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Top Cat, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger Moderator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Sorry that it's took me a while to get back to you. trueCall answers the call as soon as it gets the incoming ring. Many cold callers generate multiple calls at once and whichever one is answered first gets connected to one of their operators. This has been the reason in the past for so many 'silent calls'. The other calls that were generated, apart from the one that answered first, were just left ringing out. Because trueCall answers more or less immediately there is a good chance that they are the one's that are connected to the call centre. However, trueCall then plays the 'Sorry we are not interested in your call' message just twice, so there is a chance that when the call centre operator finally goes online they might have missed the message. Hope this explains what I was getting at.

2. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    Interesting. I didn't know that. I always assumed that either there is a call center slave on the other end or that it is a Robocall or a "silent call" to ping your number, to check if the dialed number is a true phone number, which was generated by a computer calling all mathematically possible numbers.

3. cambrensis

cambrensis Member

trueCall Model:
    Welshman in England!
    I don't know whether this still applies, but just over 20 years ago (in the days of BT only for most of us) I started getting a single silent call every evening at the same time. To cut a long story very short, it turned out to be a public telephone " 'phoning home"; it was some kind of self-test procedure and the darned thing had been pre-programmed wrongly. I later found that it had happened to some others as well.

Obviously, the spate of such calls we've all experienced in recent years is caused as Roger says. I've been known to explain it, somewhat colourfully at times, as the reverse of what we experience when we are unlucky enough to have to ring an 0845 number for example, only to be told happily thst there is a queue and we are number 21! I get a mental picture of a young lady languidly "doing her nails", as per instructions, to make the call more costly! :(

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Shield: "This line is protected by trueCall. Be aware that all calls are recorded and may be used in evidence. Press <n> now to continue your call."

Roger likes this.
  5. Roger

Roger Moderator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    I like the idea of an announcement that mentions that all calls are being recorded. Last year I was challenging what my phone provider had promised me when I had taken another 12 months on my phone contract with them, but were failing to keep their promise. As soon as I told them that I had the recording from their previous conversation stored on my computer in which they had quoted the terms but were failing to deliver, they backed down completely.

6. BigEars

BigEars Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Have you considered: "I've done it but there's blood everywhere, what should we do now?"?

7. Catmac

Catmac New Member

Hi there, I've been away from the forum for a while. Has there been any progress with getting pre-recorded messages with alternative voices? I would like to add messages with other voices rather than my own & an easy way to get them onto trueCall.