1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Adding recording

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by boswell, Apr 5, 2014.

1. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    I have the original Classic trueCall and recently had an issue with a caller who disagreed with my version of a phone call.
    So I think it prudent to get the trueCall Recorder option.

Now can I just buy the memory card and add it to my existing Classic model? Or does it need an upgraded trueCall unit to work, such as CallBlocker?

Best regards,

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    You buy the Extra package for the Classic - this adds the recorder functions in addition to other upgrades, and you get a memory card to boot. Check this with Support when you order.

3. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    OK and thanks for that - I'll contact them on Monday

4. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    I thought it was just the purchase of the Memory card from trueCall and that had all the relevant software on it. It's Monday night so you should have had your answer by nowj

5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Maybe - later model Classics had the Extra functionality already built in (it's a useful addition if you don't already have it).

6. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    I've been in touch with support and the reply is that I should simply purchase the 70 or 140 memory card - it has included software for the PC I understand. So ordered a card.

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Perhaps your Classic already has the Extra functionality (wild cards in zap and star lists, etc).

8. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    Yes it does, although an original unit it was update software wise via the phone line early last year if I remember. I have now fitted the memory card and installed the new software on my PC. I can now record calls as and when I need to by pressing the big trueCall button on the main unit. I like the fact that even half way through a call if you decide that it needs recorded, it has a buffer to enable the complete call to be recorded from the start.

9. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    Just an update. I inserted the 70hr memory Card into my PC and loaded the software - this was easy - though ii does say that there is a sound file missing - which I ignored - the software loaded fine.Removed the card and inserted it into my Classic trueCall unit and it acknowledged it was ready. The important call and the reason for getting the Recording Card, I made soon after.
    The party I called has all sorts of options and menus, but after I got through these I spoke to the person I wanted. I then pressed the trueCall blue top button. It beeped and I carried on with the call. After the call was finished, I checked the card - it had recorded OK - right from the very start of my telephone call (so this buffer idea works perfectly). The sound played through the trueCall unit OK but not great, however I then took out the card and put it into my PC. Using the installed software which was easy, I could then play the recording - it was excellent and very clear on the PC sound system. I then saved the recording as an audio file, re-titled it for my records and it's now saved and stored on my PC.
    Before I removed the Card I deleted the message from the card itself. Finally I re-inserted the Card into the trueCall unit for whenever I need to record a call again.

I assume missing sound file message I had when first installing the software, referred to the fact that initially the card has no recordings on it - however whatever - it worked.

Anyway the result is that recording calls is VERY easy with this and it works very well.

Top Cat likes this.