1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

‘Wishlist for Future Features or Enhancements’

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Roger, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger Moderator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Have you a good idea for a feature you would like to see on trueCall?

I would like to see a 'Do Not Disturb' feature which could be enabled from your handset for a set duration of perhaps one or two hours. This could stop your phone from ringing and the calls would go to the answering machine. A preset time would be preferable as a straight on/off feature would mean that you forget to switch it off, (well I would!).

You could dial something like ##1 for a one hour 'Do Not Disturb' duration for example.

I have mentioned this to trueCall who would like to see what others may think on this forum about this and any other features you may like to see.

If you can think of anything, please post your suggestions. trueCall do look at these forums to see what customers have to say.

2. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    Your 'Do Not Disturb' idea is nice.

I would like software-wise:
    - The possibility to enter, search and delete numbers with wildcards directly from the unit itself.
    - To be able to switch off or make the main voicemail just an announcement without recording possibilities.
    - To have default settings and advanced settings.
    For example for three or four voicemails with individual announcements. One for your friends and family, one for your boss that you hate but can't put on the Zap list and one for unrecognized callers.
    - The ability to manage your voicemails by hours and linked to Call handling profiles
    - A Mac version of the Message Centre
    - A multi-lingual version

Hardware-wise:

- A LAN port.
    - The ability to make a Weblink via Internet.
    - The ability to transfer pre-recorded announcements via LAN.
    - Better sound quality.
    - The ability to send a SMS, via the an Internet service, when you have a new voicemail

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Why isn't this posted in the Suggestion Box section? I'll move it.

I would prefer specific suggestions to be raised as their own topics, so we can easily discuss and track them individually.

4. Roger

Roger Moderator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    Sorry, butI posted it under a new topic because the only 'Suggestions Box' appear to be under the 'Hardware' thread and as this was a future firmware upgrade suggestion. There currently appears to be nowhere related to software/firmware suggestions where it seemed to be appropriate to post it. I thought about posting it in the current Suggestions Box area but as this was under Hardware it seemed wrong. Steve Smith had asked for me to post it on the forums site to see what others thought and after searching for an appropriate place, I was unable to find one in this instance. Perhaps, Software/Firmware either needs a separate Software/Firmware Suggestions area away from the Hardware thread, or the whole 'Suggestion Box' moving from the Hardware thread as this currently can easily be misconstrued as suggestions related to hardware only.

5. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I'm happy as it is. There is a suggestion box for the ICP and this one for hardware, but as non-tech users would not separate the functionality of the unit from the unit itself I see no need to splt the suggestion box between hardware and software (a hardware suggestion box would have very limited use!).

6. db1

db1 Member

trueCall Model:
    BT line - in God's own county
    Having worked with software/firmware/hardware in the avionics and mil areas, few people would recognise the differences unless they have worked in at least 2 of those wares. Often fixes can be done in software or firmware in reasonable timescales and costs. Hardware changes can be extremely expensive as they usually make the old version totally obsolete and sometimes totally unusable.

For those who are not aware of the difference between software and firmware, it is only software loaded into ROM usually EEROM, can only be written to with special techniques. Usually by erasing and rewriting at higher voltages than required for read access. ROM content should survive power cycling or electrical pulse conditions but not an EMP.